Monday, April 15, 2013

Instant Gratification

I love shooting digital for one reason... instant gratification. I love getting to show the bride her portrait right after I take it, showing the groomsmen that their group shot looks like an album cover, and letting the parents know that my group family photos came out better than Uncle Bob's!

I was at a bridal show yesterday talking with another photographer about what we love and hate about current camera systems and I said to him I love shooting digital. He said that all of my pics "look" like film. The truth is, I love film, there is a soul in it that I love to recreate on the computer by slightly manipulating those RAW files. It's just not cost effective for me or my clients to shoot film.

I''m not sure why I'm bringing this up to everyone I was just thinking of this photo yesterday that my wife took at a wedding this past summer. If I was shooting film, I wouldn't have been able to see this.


No comments: