Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend in the Adirondacks


Kate and I were able to get away this
weekend and stay at a friend's cabin in Keene, NY. It was AWESOME!

My first attempt at fishing the Ausable River was unsuccessful but I blame it on very cold, high water. Not lack of expeirence. Nope. Natures fault. Nancy at the Hungry Trout in Wilmington directed me where to go and what flys to try.

This stretch is at the base of Whiteface Mountain and it was gorgeous. Had one monster trout follow my Wolly Bugger in but didn't bite. It was a great time even if I caught nothing. As you can see I took alot of photos inbetween and even during.






Yes...self-portrait fishing the Ausable Rivers western branch. Ahem.








Some scenery around Keene.
















And finally, on the way home we stopped in Saratoga Springs for lunch. If you are ever there head to "Cantina" on the main drag. The best fish tacos to date, and a coffee flan that was beyond belief.

No comments: